R3M Engineering has immediate openings for Senior Environmental Engineers in our Old Bridge, New Jersey office to use their expertise and knowledge of water/wastewater/residuals management on all phases of projects, from the feasibility phase through construction and commissioning phases.
Projects may involve water and wastewater treatment plants, wastewater collection and pump stations, water distribution and lift stations, residuals processing facilities such as anaerobic digestion with energy recovery, and energy audits followed by recommendations for improved process efficiencies and cost savings.
Work responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Develop design projects from inception to completion.
- Work with clients to determine needs and provide solutions.
- Perform detailed engineering calculations and analyses.
- Lead teams in various design tasks.
- Coordinate execution of projects with other engineering disciplines and office personnel.
- Prepare bid documents for the procurement and construction of water/wastewater systems.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers and other technical staff.
- Meet established budgets and delivery schedules for each assignment.
- Create construction cost estimates and schedules.
- Use design software to solve complex challenges.
- Interact with and oversee the work of CAD staff.
- Utilize R3M’s standards and specifications for water/wastewater design and construction projects.
- Client relations and business development.
- Prepare proposals by defining scopes, formulating approaches, estimating budgets and scheduling.
- Support the review and response to Contractor RFIs and PCOS.
- Support the overall progress and success of the project and the firm.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Successful candidates shall have background and experience in water and wastewater infrastructure projects and will be required to demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field of study.
- 10 years experience in the planning, design, and construction experience in water and wastewater field, involving pump station, treatment plant, or large civil construction projects.
- A current valid NJ driver’s license and clean driving record.
- New Jersey Professional Engineer license.
- Organizational, coordination and scheduling capabilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively represent the firm and our clients.
- Familiarity with project scheduling and database systems preferred.
- Experience with general civil site work, structural, or mechanical construction a plus.
Become part of a team of engineers and technicians that offer practical experience on both large and small scale projects in the water and wastewater fields. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, and opportunities for advancement.
R3M Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your qualifications along with a cover letter in confidence to Human Resources Manager, R3M Engineering, Inc., 1405 Route 18, Suite 208, Old Bridge NJ 08857,
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.